Finally. We are happy to provide our Indigo Dye Sashiko Thread, dyed by Sashi.Co & Keiko Futatsuya.
We have now 3 colors shades from several kinds of Natural Indigo Dyes. The same concept. The same procedure. The same great results. We just have more variety now.
【Update, December 2020】
Finally, we could restock the Indigo Thread in Covid-19. We used the new Sashiko Thread (prepared to be dyed) for creating more matte color. Due to the characteristic of hand-dye, the solid color may have small uneven spots on both A-1 and A-2. The evenness/variegation is not obvious as our M-Series. They are very beautiful same as the previous one.
【Update, May 2020】
Due to the Covid-19, we have very small inventory now. It is kind of difficult to face to the fact to have not much stuff to share. I decided to add "A-0", which is darker than the A-1 Dark Indigo Blue, from my collection. There are only a few skeins available, and we do not know if Keiko can reproduce the same color again. It is quite dark - like close to black.
● A-1 - Dark shade from Natural Indigo (Recent batch #0621 looks a bit lighter in shade in comparison to the previous batch. Please be careful if you would like to have the exact same darkness to the recent purchase. All of the batch has a different outcome - we dye about 10 skeins in each batch. I will update when we get the darker shade in future. If it end up with too dark, I will introduce it as A-0 again).
● A-2 - Light shade from Natural Indigo
● A-0 - Extra Dark shade from Natural Indigo - A little bit smaller skein than the others in comparison. (SOLD OUT).
● AS-1 (SKM) - Dark Shade from Sukumo Indigo Dye | (SOLD OUT)
*We are having a difficulty to create the completely "Solid" Indigo Color with the thread we improved in 2020. Some skein have a bit of uneven spots in Indigo Color. They are as beautiful and this happen because we hand-dye with natural dyes. Please contact me first if you have any concerns about the possible "Natural Dye Characteristic" so that I can assist you to find the best one for you.
*Since it is hand-dye with Natural ingredience, the color may slightly different in each batch. We dye about 15 skeins of thread in each batches. Please let me know if you prefer the "exact color" so that I can work on finding the thread from the same batch.
Each Shade (Dark and Light) usually have very similar color. Unless it is significantly different, we deliver the thread with the first-in-first-out method. When you have a preference, please contact us first so I can check the inventory first.
These are green shade we created as a by product of above Indigo Dye.
● AYG-1 (179) - Natural Indigo (Product of India) | Trial of Sep 2017 (SOLD OUT)
● AYSG-1 (179) - Green Shade from Sukumo Indigo Dye | Trial of Sep 2017 (SOLD OUT)
For the gradient & green shade Indigo Dye Sashiko Thread, we successfully recreated similar color of AYG and AYSG. Please refer to the "Murazome Indigo Dye" product page for the details.
Indigo Dye is one of the most challenging projects for dyers. When we dye thread with Indigo, we have to clean the whole area to avoid mixtures from the other Natural Dye. The dye process includes fermenting the Natural Indigo Liquid. Please be advised, however, this thread is NOT dyed with Non/Sei Indigo Dye.
Made in Japan, hand dyed by Keiko Futatsuya
Material : Egyptian Cotton 100%, Natural Indigo (mostly product of India), Solution for Dye