Kakishibu Sashiko Thread 2019 Collection
It is my pleasure to announce the Collection of Kakishibu Dye Sashiko Thread (Dye Batch in 2019). It took a lot of challenge to make this happen... after almost a year of struggling, it is our honor to have them in stock. In comparison to the previous Kakishibu Dye (Collection 2017 & 2018), the thread has the matte result. I enjoy the softness of this color, and I am sure the beautiful matte color will make your Sashiko stitching more authentic.
The photo-shooting could add the luster a bit... so please check my hands photo-taken with the Sashiko thread. I tried to take photos in several condition, so I hope I am communicating the best possible color appearance of this beautiful Kakishibu Dye Sashiko Thread Collection (2019)
Kaki Persimmon Tannin Dye (Kakishibu) change the color by UV like the sunlight.
【Update in December 2020】
One of unique characteristic of Kakishibu is that they change its color over time. Therefore, we have a bit of color change comparing to the photos listed.
- The difference between K1 and K3 are less significant.
- The difference between K4 and K5 are less significant. (The Grey of K5 got little darker and gold of K5 became a bit morelike beige). When we compare these K4 and k5 next each other, the difference is visible. However, it isn't as significant as the photo above. Please check the update photo on Jan.2021. The left is K4 and right is K5 on the photo.
*Follow-up photos are coming. Please contact Atsushi if you have any questions. Thank you for your undersanding.
Kakishibu Color Selection
For the Collection 2019, we have 5 color shades available.
- K1_1910 - Kakishibu gold (mostly Solid) - SOLD OUT. Thank you.
- K1_2009 - Kakishibu Gold (mostly Solid) Very similar color to K1_1910 - SOLD OUT. Thank you.
- K1_0621 or 2105 - Please check the New Collection & Line Up for the Availability
- K2_1910 - Kakishibu Gray / Dark Gray (mostly solid, but a bit of unevenness) / Sold Out. Thank you.
K2_1910 - Kakishibu Gray / Light Black
- K3_1910 - Kakishibu Brown / Beige (mostly solid)
- K4_1910 - Kakishibu Brown Variegated (Variegated)
- K5_1910 - Kakishibu Gray/Gold Variegated (Variegated) - SOLD OUT Thank you.
For the color accurateness, please check my hand & the table color to get the best estimate. However, please understand that the color on the photo is just a sample. Kakishibu Dye Sashiko thread has its own one-of-a-kind color per skeins. They are all hand-dyed with natural Kakishibu Juice.
Kaki Persimmon (Kakishibu) Dye requires experience and techniques to prepare the appropriate materials and stabilize the color. First of all, the Kakishibu liquid smells bad, I mean, really bad. We fortunately found a great Kakishibu Dye professionals, and thanks to their help, we achieved these 5 beautiful colors.
Kaki Persimmon Dye = Kaki Persimmon Tannin = Kakishibu
Kakishibu is a form of liquid (or sometime powdered) made from un-ripe Kaki persimmon. Get the juice from green un-ripe Kaki persimmon and ferment the juice.
[Important note] - Please read
Since the outcome of Kakishibu Dye greatly varies from the sunlight, it is very difficult to have the exact same color. We keep eye on the inventory, but there is a possibility of being in short. In those cases, we may ask you to agree to receive the most similar color to your order. Since every threads are dyed by hands with natural dyes, the colors may be a bit different from the photos depends on the screen you are looking at. The difference in variegated colors may be less significant because of the "variegated" character. If you have the specific colors you would like to have in your mind, please contact Atsushi first. We will do everything to match your preference. Thank you for your understanding.
- Manufacture in Japan
- Material : Egyptian Cotton 100%, Natural Kakishibu (Product of Gifu, Japan)
- Length : About 145 meter per skein
- Weight : About 28 g
*Please read the article of How to handle Natural Dye Thread and Fabric.
*This page is for Kaki Persimmon Kakishibu Dye Sashiko Thread, 2019 Collection